Holiday Plant Care
- 0 Comments
- 15 December 2014
At Green Side Up Gift and Garden Center in Fayetteville NC we sell Christmas trees, poinsettias and other holiday plants.
How to Care for Christmas Trees in Fayetteville NC
– Make a fresh cut, about an inch at the base of the trunk to help it take up water
– Place in stand that can fit the tree and hold enough water. A rule of thumb is 1 quart of water per inch of stem diameter. Check the water daily to make sure the water level does not get too low.
– Keep the tree away from any heat source, like the fireplace.
– Always turn off lights when away from the home or sleeping.
How to Care for Poinsettias in Fayetteville NC
– Place plant near a sunny, south facing window
– Poinsettias do best in room that is 65-75 degrees
– Water as needed, when soil feels dry to the touch. Make sure water can drain. Plant should not sit in water.
At our garden center in Fayetteville NC we also sell holiday decorations, ornaments, unique gifts and more. Come visit us today!