At Green Side Up Gift and Garden Center in Fayetteville NC we sell Christmas trees, poinsettias and other holiday plants.
How to Care for Christmas Trees in Fayetteville NC
– Make a fresh cut, about an inch at the base of the trunk to help it take up water
– Place in stand that can fit the tree and hold enough water. A rule of thumb is 1 quart of water per inch of stem diameter. Check the water daily to make sure the water level does not get too low.
– Keep the tree away from any heat source, like the fireplace.
– Always turn off lights when away from the home or sleeping.
How to Care for Poinsettias in Fayetteville NC
– Place plant near a sunny, south facing window
– Poinsettias do best in room that is 65-75 degrees
– Water as needed, when soil feels dry to the touch. Make sure water can drain. Plant should not sit in water.